Chingford Cricket Club News story

Coronavirus Update as at 26 June

05 Apr 2020

You may be aware that the ECB issued a statement in March stating that all forms of cricket (training, coaching and playing) are now suspended.

Cricket in any format will not be able to resume until the ECB suspension is lifted. 

Unfortunately the effects of the current suspension of activities could well see the demise of some cricket clubs.We are extremely anxious to avoid this  prospect. We are looking at a situation where, for a number of months there will no income generated from the bar and match fees etc. Whilst we will be cutting, deferring and reducing costs as much as possible,  the Club's liabilities remain. Any grants available will be applied for.

Some members will have received the auto request to renew membership for 2020. The Club appreciates  members may be under some financial pressure. Your membership income  is  extremely important to us and so we are asking you to help our club at this difficult time.

The Essex League have now said they have cancelled the first half of the league season. They have said they will try to restart the League on Saturday 11 July They have also said they will give Clubs 3 weeks notice of a resumption, so we would need to hear by 20 June. Indeed on 19 June we like all other Clubs in the country were told to "get ready to play" from 11 July. The message did not say precisely what format or fixtures we were getting ready for and subsequently on 23 June the Government decided we could not play still because the ball is a vector of disease.

The Chess Valley League has now been cancelled for 2020. Should we be able to play later in the Summer then all Sunday fixtures will be friendlies played at home. 

Cricket Week 6-10 July has now also been cancelled

 In the meantime fixtures for the weekend 27/28 June are all sadly cancelled..