How Forest Side Once Was
This Page shows how Forest Side, its buildings and surrounds have changed over the years.
If anyone has any other pictures that would be of interest please get in touch with Michael Blake via the Contact Tab on the Horizontal Menu Bar.
1. Aerial View - Chingford v Ilford, 1950 season
The dressing rooms are situated in the white building in front of the stables. The bungalows in Faversham Avenue have just been erected but there is a vacant piece of land in the bottom left hand corner - and no footpath..
2. The Tea Hut (circa 1960)
The Tea Hut was situated midway along the bottom (Faversham Avenue) side of the ground where (not surprisingly) tea would be taken. Players would then return to the white changing rooms in front of the stables (see Picture 1 above) to continue the game.
3. Inside the old bar
The old bar was situated in approximately the same place as the current dressing rooms. Paddy Duffy and Terry Dennehy enjoy a pint of Whitbread Tankard, with Mick Carr the barman.
4. Aerial View in the 1970s